Saturday, November 21, 2009

weekend and new moon

I've had a good two days. Both have ended somewhat early, cuddled up in sweatpants, sweatshirt, and socks to keep the cold from getting to me. So comfortable.

Yesterday I had class, watched a movie, then went to the diner with Molly. We proceeded to go for a walk and got coffee, passed a liquor store and decided to dump a mini bottle of Disaronno into them (the buzz lasted about 30 minutes). I got home, showered, read a book, then watched the film, Gigantic. Good day.

I've been out since early this afternoon, when I decided to walk 2.5 miles to a coffee shop on the West side. Then I kept going uptown, and asked Roni to come out and play.

Side fun fact: Roni (along with my roommate, Jessica) was the first person I met in the "HP fandom" in real life after having become friends online. December 2, 2006. Feels like a million years ago.

Roni and I got dinner and then a cupcake at Magnolia. Heck yeah. Cupcakes. We walked by a movie theater and I said,

Hey. Want to see New Moon?

-Right now?

Right now.

-Okay.

So we saw New Moon. Quite frankly, I loved it. Honestly, 98% of the reason is because Edward is hardly in it. Also why New Moon is my favorite book of the series (screw this "Saga" bullshit).

....Say "saga" out loud. Right now. What a strange word.

Dakota Fanning. I've been such a huge fan of hers forever, and when I found out she would be playing Jane from New Moon, I knew she would be perfect. And she was. She needed more screen time.

Now, I sit with a glass of red wine like the classy young lady that I am not and relax.

4 comments:

KaraDawlish said...

you posted this like the exact same time as i finished posting mine that's how i got commenting so quick but EXACTLY

lol Dakota fanning is FANTASTIC! i don't know Why exactly but I was expecting her to have a much larger role and was disappointed when they started leaving and I realized that was it. Jamie campbell bower too.

I honestly can not fucking stand Kristen stewart. I loved catch that kid it was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, but just about every other movie she is in i fell she is the same, weird, uncomfortable character and I can not stand it. as soon as she started talking in the beginning of the movie my natural response was to roll my eyes. Obnoxious. put her and Rpats together and im ready to turn to the person nearest me and punch them in the face. I actually love rob pattinson too though. but he does a pretty damn good job of portraying edward and i cant stand him. him and kristen together are too much. when she was w/ jacob/ taylor though she didn't even bother me in the slightest. he is so funny and cute and not obnoxious it's like a breath of fresh air. idk if i will be able to make it through eclipse/ BD movies...

K. Done! Sorry :P

seurat2 said...

i actually like Kristen Stewart so the new movie worked ok for me, though I didn't love it. Dakota was a highlight, and I'm really looking forward to the movie she and Kristen made together where they play two of the Runaways, Joan Jett and Cherie Currie.

Jeff Edelman said...

So glad to hear that you had such a good day. It was beautiful in the city, wasn't it? And congrats on the new job. I look forward to hearing about it.

Roni Hyman said...

Hi, I like you.
I decided to read your blog because I saw it there on your twitter and I'm bored.
Let's repeat that day sometime soon but minus the Edward and plus the chocolate pinkberry and ice skating and a belated celebration of our 3 year anniversary.
Also, can you believe it's been basically an entire year since we spent New Years Eve together and took HSMstyle jump photos and ate brownies and drank "champagne" and you told me you'd be going to Hunter this year? :P
Okay, I'll shut up now.
Love you!