Monday, July 27, 2009

anthony lowers my i.q.

I'm currently spending a few days at home in my parent's house in Pennsylvania. In these past few days, I've gotten a taste of how summer *should* be. I've seen a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while, relaxed, got TAN (...or kind of really pink that will eventually turn into a less-pale version of my Scottish self), and had no serious responsibilities with which to be concerned.

I'm in between jobs right now because I just couldn't bear to go back to Barnes & Noble. How dramatic. People hate their jobs all the time. I'm a baby and didn't want to deal with it.

I got into college to finish my degree (finally!). I took two nonconsecutive semesters off, so I have one more year left. I'm going to pull a cadegoestocollege and not publicly announce where it is I'll be going to school in the Fall.

Today was such a great day for the following reasons:

A. I got up at a decent hour and went to Allison's house (one of my best friends from my home town) and we chilled by the pool and swam. And yes, this is where my tan was achieved. Exciting.

B. I went and saw 500 Days of Summer with my parents (free movie!). It was VERY good. A little depressing, but a good movie. As I mentioned on my twitter, I give it a 8.7/10!

C. Tonight, I drove to my friend Anthony's house, and from there we drove to our friend Steph's house. We're all friends from Penn State. I had more fun than should be allowed. FOR SOME ODD REASON THOUGH, when I hang out with Anthony, I turn into a complete idiot. Really hard to explain, but it's so fun.

FUN STORY. We went to a restaurant and I didn't end up paying for my small order of fries, Irish Coffee, or Neapolitan Waffle Cone (alcoholic milkshake, pretty much) because the waiter was into me. He was cute, but I wasn't interested. Anthony decided I realized he liked me and milked him for all he was worth. NOT TRUE. I'm too nice for that. I'm just super friendly. Besides, I have a very specific type. You know. I would say around 5'5", long-ish hair, pretty eyes...

*rolls eyes* I'm gross.


Moral of the story: Being nice has its benefits.

1 comment:

seurat2 said...

Glad to hear you got into the school you wanted, wherever it is. And I'm sure you didn't deliberately wangle a free meal from the waiter, the poor boy was overcome by awesomeness. You should do more blogging, I only read a handful of them and yours is always fun.