Friday, August 21, 2009

oh, to be better

Cade and Me

I got home to my (scorching hot) NYC apartment late tonight from 9 days in Texas/Florida. Shown above is one out of only three pictures taken the entire time (and it's a terrible one, aside from Cade's cuteness), on our drive from Texas to Florida. So much happened in that time period that it genuinely feels like I was gone at least a month. It seems as though this city was in a time warp during which I was hardly gone.

Allow me to be disgusting for just a moment: I have the best boyfriend on the planet. I don't deserve him. I can't believe I have someone who is so patient, caring, kind, loving, and... did I mention patient? I'm lucky. There is no one else in the world that would put up with me. He makes me want to be a better person. He's already made me a better person in the 8.5 months I've known him.

Moral of the story: I want to be better. Whatever that means, I don't know exactly. I just want to be better.

I can do that.

Right?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Go see Julie and Julia. Oh my goodness, it was wonderful. Meryl Streep is a goddess. Warning: This movie will make you want to cook, eat, blog, set a goal and attain it, and go to France.

Now, go.

Julie and Julia

4 comments:

Jeff Edelman said...

That's great that you always want to better yourself. That should be a lifelong goal. But it's pretty obvious that you are already a terrific person, so don't beat yourself up too much over whatever is making you so self-critical. And yeah, Cade is pretty excellent also.

jem said...

has anyone ever told you that romilda vane looks like you?

Katyisgoing said...

What's funny is that I JUST got home from driving back from Florida to my home, Texas.


It's great that you're happy. And wanting to be a better person is probably one of the best things to want in the world.

seurat2 said...

I have absolutely no doubt - none - that you are both far easier to be with than you imagine, and totally worth any amount of trouble to be with anyway. But self improvement is never a bad goal. Here'a a suggestion- make more videos!