Friday, February 26, 2010

a good day

I'm in a great mood so, naturally, I've decided to blog while rocking out to Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA.

Today was such a wonderful day. I woke up at 7:15am to get ready for class after going to sleep way too late. I thought it was a long shot, but I checked my school's website to see if classes were cancelled due to the weather.

They were.

I went back to sleep and woke up at 11am, texted the woman I babysit for and asked if she'd still need me today.

She didn't.

Just after I finished making my bed and was about to hop in the shower, Molly called and asked if I would join her, Felicia, and Caitlin for lunch at a great coffee shop up the block. We stayed for over two hours just chatting (aside from Felicia who had to catch a flight home!) and I even got some studying done.

Afterward, I packed all my food, some shoes, and shower/toiletries to trek out to Brooklyn so I wouldn't have to tomorrow. Through the snow and deep slush puddles at each corner carrying at least 100 pounds of stuff... it was one of the most physically demanding things I've ever done. My hands were screaming with impending blisters, my arms wanted to rip from their sockets, etc.

I made it.

Upon arrival, I couldn't bring myself to get home and pack. SO. We watched the first disc of season three of How I Met Your Mother (wonderful, as always) and ordered Thai food for dinner.

I came home with my light, empty suitcase, stopping only to get some quality boxes from a wine shop on my way home, and took a hot shower.

So here I am, long day behind me, showered and fresh, ready to get some packing done. Sure, it's a little late and I have work in the morning, but I feel good.

And Miley keeps it going.

<3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And the Miley song was on.
And the Miley song was on.

Elisabeth said...

This post has left me feeling all warm and happy inside now, too. :)

HIMYM is absolutely wonderful. It always puts me in a good mood.

The Vagabond said...

I don't care what anyone says. Party in the USA is a GREAT song!! Always gets me dancing.

Glad you had a good day! I love when that kind of stuff happens. Have fun decorating your new apartment! You should probably get some of those super cool glow in the dark planets and stars to decorate your ceiling with. JK. But really. Those are pretty cool. We saw some at the 1 euro store and we're thinking about getting them to decorate our Florentine apartment. They would look pretty kick ass on our vaulted ceiling.

Anyway, moral of the comment is have a good move. : )